MICRO TEACHING EPISODE

  SKILL OF ILLUSTRATING WITH EXAMPLE

                  Topic: Area of a Rectangle


Componets:

  • Simple (S)
  • Relevant (R)
  • Interesting (I)
  • Medium
  •        Verbal (M-V)
  •        Nonverbal (M-N)
  • Approach
  •           Inductive (A-I)
  •           Deductive (A-D)
  • Examples of students (E)


Teacher:  Good morning students 

Students: Good morning teacher

Teacher:  Do you know the shape of the long                         size note book? (S)(I)(R)

Students: Rectangle

Teacher:  Good can you give some examples                          for  rectangle shape? (S)(I)(R)

Students:  Black board, door, wall, scale.

Teacher: Can anyone of you come and draw a                       rectangle on the blackboard?

  Students:  



Teacher: Good, how will you find out the                              outline of the black board’s    border?

Students: We have to add all the sides of the                          board

 Teacher: Good, the length of boundary of any                      closed shape is called its perimeter.                        Give another real life example where                    we find out Rectangle?(S)(E)(R)

Students: Fence, post cover

Teacher: Good, Today we are going to find the                     formula for perimeter of a Rectangle.                   

                 Perimeter of rectangle

               = Total boundary of the rectangle

               =  length + breadth + length + breadth

       = 2 length +2 breadth

               = 2 (length + breadth) Units

 The perimeter of rectangle

                = 2 (length +breadth) Units

Now, let length, breadth and the perimeter of a rectangle as l, b, and p respectively. Then what is the formula for perimeter of rectangle? 

                                                     (M - V) (M - N)

Students:  P= 2(l + b) Units

Teacher: Good, perimeter of a rectangle                                P=2(l +b) units students now look at                        the black board Let l=5cm and b=5cm                    What is the value of l and b?                                                                      (M- N)(A - I )

Students:  l=5cm and b=5cm

Teacher: Good. While apply l=5cm and b=5cm                     in the perimeter of a rectangle                                 formula what do we will get? (M - N)


Students:  2(5+5)=2(10)=20cm


Teacher:   Good. l=5cm and b=5cm the                                       perimeter of a rectangle p=20cm.                           students now look at the chart what                       is the formula find out the                                          perimeter   of rectangle?                                                  (R)(M-V)(A-I)

Students:  Perimeter of the rectangle                                         P=l×bUnits 

Teacher:  Good, find the perimeter of the black                       board whose length is 10cm and                             breadth is 8 cm. what is the value                           for l and b here? (M-V)(A-I)

Students:  l=10 cm and b= 8cm

Teacher:  Can anyone of you come and solve                          this problem?

Students:  P=2(10×8) =36

Teacher: Good. So l =10cm and b=8cm. then                           perimeter of the black board                                   p=36cm . so today we have learnt to                       find the perimeter of a rectangle.                             Thankyou students 

Students: Thankyou Teacher 

Comments